Many people find listening comprehension the most difficult aspect of language learning. Our courses based on TV and movie clips or podcasts focus on colloquial language, to help you to understand what native speakers are saying. You will hear Spanish at normal native-speaker speed, and you’ll learn many expressions that you can use in order to sound more natural. Our virtual teachers explain the vocabulary, the expressions and some points of grammar that come up in the lessons. They also explain the historical and cultural content, which is just as important as the linguistic content when you participate in conversation with native speakers.
With these courses you can:
- Improve your comprehension of colloquial Spanish spoken at normal native-speaker speed
- Learn useful new words and expressions
- Become familiar with various Spanish accents
- Improve your command of several grammar points that come up in the lesson
- Deepen your understanding of the history and culture of Spain and the Spanish-speaking world
Each lesson will take 2-4 hours, depending on how often you view each lesson… multiple viewings are recommended, until you can really distinguish and understand every word without the transcription or subtitles. We also recommend that you choose a section from the transcription and read aloud along with the audio. This will help to improve your pronunciation, intonation, phrasing, and fluency.
Click on the thumbnails below to learn more about the content of each course.
Try the first lesson of «Arrugas» FREE!